Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic therapy, is a dental procedure used to treat a damaged or infected tooth pulp. Root canal treatment involves removing the infected or damaged pulp, cleaning and disinfecting the inside of the tooth, and then filling and sealing the tooth to prevent further infection. The most common reasons for needing a root canal treatment include tooth decay, trauma to the tooth, cracked or chipped teeth, and repeated dental procedures on the tooth. Symptoms of a damaged or infected pulp may include pain, sensitivity to hot or cold, swelling, and a bad taste in the mouth.
1. Persistent pain: If you have a persistent, throbbing toothache that does not go away, even after taking painkillers, it could be a sign of an infected tooth pulp.
2. Sensitivity to hot and cold: If you experience a sharp, shooting pain when you eat or drink something hot or cold, it could be a sign that the tooth pulp is damaged or infected.
3. Swollen or tender gums: If you notice swelling, redness, or tenderness in the gums around the affected tooth, it could be a sign of an infection.
4. Discoloration of the tooth: If the affected tooth is discolored or darkened, it may be a sign that the pulp inside the tooth is damaged or dead.
5. Cracked or chipped tooth: If you have a cracked or chipped tooth, the pulp inside the tooth may be exposed, making it more susceptible to infection. If you are suffering from any of these symptoms, it is important to consult a dentist immediately. The dentist can examine the tooth and determine if a root canal treatment is necessary to save the tooth and prevent further complications.
Converge by UKn, No 78/2, Ground floor, Nallurahalli Main Rd, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560066
We are open all days and have full time resident pediatric dentists and orthodontists who can cater to your dental needs. Feel free to get in touch and we would be happy to set up an appointment for you.